Just got board highlighting working again in glChess. I will be interested on feedback if players consider it useful or not.
It's quite disturbing to count the amount of effort put in and I'm still not back to the 0.8 functionality level! Though of course there have been some new ideas added in as I've been coding (i.e. feature creep!).
Hopefully there will be a spell low typing in my day job so I can spend my typing time on glChess. I really want to get it tidied up (and release 1.0 before it's a decade (!) old).
So what I'm currently aiming for to release 0.9:
- Get AI working again (part ported, only support GNUchess for now)
- Automatically save games to PGN on exit and reload on startup (not in 0.8)
- deb package for Ubuntu, alien built RPM packages.
And what remains to get to the level of 0.8 - these should be in the 0.9.1 release.
- Stored preferences (.ini to be portable)
- Enable GUI elements config, end game, surrender etc
- Animation (rotating board and moving pieces (new to 0.9.1))
- Network play (not sure how portable this will be to windows)
- Windows installer made using pyexe
- Fixed network play :)
- Fix umpteen other bugs
And what remains to catch up with pre 0.8!
- Lighting and transparency (but only as a theme this time)
And for the future:
- ICS (Internet chess) support
And I must update/complete the website. Or find someone who is good at that sort of thing :)