- PCMan from LXDE wrote an awesome new greeter that uses GtkBuilder for layout. This allows you to easily theme up new greeters, the default one being the old Industrial theme:
- There's been some interest in writing a QT based greeter, and I hope we'll be able to show that working soon.
- I've started to write some documentation.
- I non-proposed LightDM for inclusion in GNOME 3 (I don't feel it will be sufficiently ready in time). This raised the idea of should we switch display managers in the future and got some good feedback.
- We had a UDS session on LightDM which also gave some good feedback. The outcome is that I plan to make LightDM easily installable in Ubuntu 11.04 as an alternative display manager.
Thursday, November 11, 2010
LightDM status update
It must be time to update on how progress is going with LightDM.